Hi! This blog will outline my journey, thoughts, comparisons, rants, raves, and otherwise bloggy like material on my switch from a Windows based PC to an iMac at work.

See The Beginning to get started.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Reflections

I tell you. I really love the iMac form factor. Everything is integrated and tidy. The screen is gorgeous. My wireless peripherals should arrive this week which will make everything even more tidy.

The system is pretty darn fast with a core i5 and 8gb of ram. I want to pop in a dvd after work just to use the disc drive ... but seriously ... I can't remember the last time I used a disc drive. Everything is USB drives, email, and cloud storage for me.

The camera on board is also pretty slick although I have never used it for anything useful .. just fun. There is a paranoid side of me though that wonders if Big Brother or someone else is watching me .. Sometimes I want to put a piece of tape over it.   :)  It is okay .. I am not that paranoid..... am I?

But .. yes there is always a but. I do have some issues such as the audio port and the usb port location. I would really like some more easily accessible side ports. I guess that is what the USB ports on the keyboard are for though. I can get past all that ... the machine is easy to turn around.

The big thing is the screen. It is gorgeous but it is so shiny! Seriously, who needs the camera or a mirror when I can just look into the screen of my iMac and see myself. Today I have these white shiny buttons on my shirt .. kind of a pearl look (not country pearl snaps) and the reflection from the screen is awful. I don't see letters ... just these shiny buttons blinding my eyes ... I turned the brightness up and that helped but man this screen gets bright ... Blinded by the Light!! Revved up like a Deuce ... it is Deuce right?

Anyway ... I want a less shiny screen or maybe I should just change shirts?


Edit: Maybe it is a security feature by Apple so that I can see if Jason or the Earth Band is behind me! 

1 comment:

  1. I remember the same with the MacBook Pro... very reflective screen, but the quality was amazing.

    ReplyDelete