Hi! This blog will outline my journey, thoughts, comparisons, rants, raves, and otherwise bloggy like material on my switch from a Windows based PC to an iMac at work.

See The Beginning to get started.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Slow it up!

Oh no! The Mac had to 'think' for the first time today. The machine slowed down and I got this little beach ball umbrella looking thing. It wasn't for too long and was just processing. It did it a few times and then kicked into another gear ... that was nice.   :)

What? Oh .. what apps was I running when this occurred?
  • Multiple Finder Windows
  • Dropbox upload
  • Mac Mail
  • iCal
  • iTunes up and playing
  • Excel
  • Word
  • Photoshop
  • Illustrator
  • Windows XP Virtual with apps running
  • Adium
  • Filezilla
  • Acrobat
  • Razor SQL (SQL Developer Application)
  • Firefox
  • A few other things (terminal windows, text edit, photo preview)
Yes... it was a crazy productive day. I was jumping through apps, writing sql, creating reports, analyzing data, printing docs, checking mail, scheduling meetings. I just didn't close stuff. lol.

A couple additional notes. At no time did the music pause, skip, burp or other. The backgrounds continued rotating without stutter. Nothing crashed. I did end up closing a couple apps though.

No comments:

Post a Comment