Hi! This blog will outline my journey, thoughts, comparisons, rants, raves, and otherwise bloggy like material on my switch from a Windows based PC to an iMac at work.

See The Beginning to get started.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

20 days, 11 hours

What is this number you ask? That is the current up-time on my Mac. How often do you go 20+ days solid uptime in Windows? I don't know ... feels like I reboot all the damn time which just pisses me off because I am always in the middle of something.

I have to say .. OSX has only asked me to reboot one time. That one time it saved the current windows position and state of everything running ... did its reboot thing and came back just like I left it. I didn't even know it did this. I assumed it would just close apps and such .. shut down.. come back .. and I start over opening all my stuff.

Admittedly... I was pretty shocked by this. I keep wanting to do it again .. but don't want to kill my up-time. I will just wait until I need to reboot again. Please power stay on ..

I will post every so often as I break new uptime records.

Of course ... my Droid X is running at 24.5+ days of uptime right now. Android vs OSX uptime .. fight!

Update:  It happened. The Droid X rebooted today. It ran for 25.75 days without a restart, reboot, battery pull ... etc... Pretty awesome I think. Let's see if the Mac catches up.

No comments:

Post a Comment