Hi! This blog will outline my journey, thoughts, comparisons, rants, raves, and otherwise bloggy like material on my switch from a Windows based PC to an iMac at work.

See The Beginning to get started.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Replacements...

No iMac yet. Maybe today. 

In doing some reading it turns out that MS Visio and MS Project are not available on a Mac. I have not found replacement products for these items yet. Since, I rarely share the source file and usually provide summary details or .jpg/pdf outputs then I think a replacement product would work. Have to search.

However, I did order the iMac with 8gb ram so that I could run virtual Windows. I would like to avoid getting in the habit of relying on virtual Windows. If anyone has suggestions then feel free to comment below.

3 comments: