Hi! This blog will outline my journey, thoughts, comparisons, rants, raves, and otherwise bloggy like material on my switch from a Windows based PC to an iMac at work.

See The Beginning to get started.

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Leopard has Pounced

Taken with my Droid X
Well folks. The leopard ... or rather snow leopard has pounced. I have had it on my desk for the last few hours.

Fun note: This is my first blog post on the iMac.

However, due to meetings and work, I have not had very much time to actually play learn how to use the new machine.

So far I will admit that there are some very different things and some very similar things.

I am having hell with the spacebar/keyboard typing this message but it is probably something I just have to get used to.

Also .. why don't applications close when I click the red 'x'? Some of the UI elements kind of baffle me.

Okay ... first order of business. I need an inexpensive (preferably open source) SQL editor that will connect to Informix or via ODBC. Thoughts?

More to come....

Random note ... the blinky cursor in blogger doesn't play nice in Firefox.

1 comment:

  1. So the fun begins... the little UI differences really irritated me. Like I don't get it, when you minimize something into the dock, you cannot access it with command-tab... that is just irritating as hell...

    ReplyDelete